Monday, November 19, 2012

Waking up from Winter Hibernation

I have been very quiet on blogger,
very active in life.
After gaining over 15 lbs this winter (by being a couch potato with my sister, don't regret a moment!)
I've now decided to start making the most of this life.

I now teach swimming at three different pools,
about 16 hours a week, broken up into 7 shifts, 6 days a week.

I am also on 3 different volunteer committees at the kids primary school.
1. Playground (we're building a new one)
2. Library (we're upgrading the old one)
3. Garden (there's 4-7 major projects coming up in the next two years).

And last, but certainly not least, I'm losing weight!
Actually quite funny, I'm following in Annie, the Amazing Shrinking Girls' footsteps, and building muscle!
My old Bootcamp trainer, Brad, has earned his official "MP Trainer" certificate.
It's all about building muscle so your metabolism burns energy.
It also includes eating 6 meals a day, each meal including a balance of carbs, protein & omega-3 fats.
Which type of carb (there's a list) depends on when you work-out, and what type of work-out you preform.
Pretty much, I'm cutting out breads and high-GI carbs for every meal unless it's 3 hours after a Resistence Training (weight-lifting) session.

So far (1 week) I've lost 3 lbs!
Silly me was pretty disappointed about day 4 with what felt like no results.
Today I'm feeling it in my slightly-looser clothes! YAY!

So there it is. My busy life in a nutshell.
I'll check in at least weekly and let you know how I'm going.
In the mean time, if you want to find a MP trainer in your area click here.
It's working for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment