And all of your blog, actually.
I'm stealing the title from your post the other day (I'm guessing you won't mind, because I don't really have many readers anyway - readers are not really the point of this blog, it's more a personal diary, but Yes, I also love encouragement sometimes... hint hint ;)
This post will be very different to yours Chris, because I'm meaning it literally.
I mean, it's 2013.
And I'm still at my all-time high weight of 180something.
(I'm praying the scale doesn't actually say 190something when I weigh in tomorrow!)
How the hell did I get here?
I have this new thing called an Iphone... which I can often get lost in.
I also have Foxtel (pay TV with DVR, like Tivo).
I've become a couch potato.
It started last winter (in Aus that's June/July) when my sister and I started the bad habit of lounging on the couch, eating whatever we craved, and watching TV.
We knew she had to move back to the US, and we just loved spending the time together!
Blah, blah blah - not important why.
No more excuses.
The cold hard truth is I've let myself be Lazy!
I don't accept it in my children, and I cannot accept it in myself.
Down to the cold hard facts - the specific things I've made into habits...
The habits that got me to 180something...
On with the Confessions... Du Du DUUUUH! *evil music*
Here I go.
- I sometimes eat breakfast, sometimes not.
- Sometimes my breakfast includes 3 fats, such as egg fried in oil, topped with 1/3 avocado and maybe even a slice of cheese! Sandwiched in 2 slices of bread. Healthy! NOT!
- I sometimes eat fast food for lunch! Hungry Jacks (Burger King) used to gross me out, like Maccas (McD's). But I've been eating it, and it's like a drug! I can't get enough! Sometimes a whopper get's into my head, and I just let myself fantasize about it. I can't stop thinking about it, no matter how much good food I can dream up to make at my house. My shift ends at 11am, so I make a detour on the way home. Tsk Tsk.
- After my fast food, I come home, and I'm still hungry - cuz there's no nutrition in fast food. So sometimes I eat asparagus, or an apple, but sometimes it's chips, chocolate, or cookies! All while catching up on an episode of Grey's Anatomy... or Once Upon a Time... or Homeland... or Revenge... Drama is my fav, if you couldn't tell. I've even been recording movies, so my afternoons are pretty much always full of lounging on the couch.
Wow... the more I confess, the more I can see that I'm not even who I thought I was! I'm nearly always thinking about being healthy, even while doing the above! So I think (or convince myself) that I'm "Not that bad".... YES! I AM!
- The kids come home from school, and I'm too busy doing chores (that should have been done after lunch) so I have them help me, and then homework, and dinner, and more chores or cleaning...
- Then I'm TIRED! Again. Cuz I haven't exercised. Exercise gives me energy, but the couch potato life drains it.
- So I take a "break", tea. Finish dinner if it wasn't already, dishes may or may not get done... then back to the couch, while I digest my food with a beer or three... or five. Sometimes a few glasses of wine for dessert.
- Then Johnny watches his boring finance or sport shows, and after that, I'm free to watch my other shows I haven't seen yet.
HOW THE H*LL DID I GET HERE AND HOW DO I GET OUT?
Well, I did take a small step this evening.
I've been on holiday two weeks, and craving a New Years Resolution.
I did a 20-min workout.
It was hilarious!
My 5 1/2 year old did it with me!
The WHOLE THING!
My other two (older) kids always give up on the cardio ones after 3-4 minutes.
But the little ball of energy was totally into it!
Afterwards, I went for a shower, and she wanted more!
So I put on her favourite Yoga one.
Okay. Now here's the plan (thank you again Chris, for the inspiration!)
I WILL, I will lose 48 lbs this year.
That's 4 lbs a month.
One pound a week.
I CAN do this. Small steps.
Break it down:
- Lose 4 lbs.
- Start my exercise regime, 3-5 days/week.
- No more fast food or fatty breakfasts.
- Keep a calorie-count diary.
- Blog my work-outs and calorie intake daily.
I won't change much else this month, because I don't want to burn out. That's a lot for now.
- Lose 4 lbs.
- Start back at the Gym 3-4 days/week.
- Start training for 5km running.
- Tighten up my diet.
- Lose 4 lbs
- Increase my weights @ the gym.
- Register for 5km run, keep training.
- Shift diet as needed.
- Reward myself with my Tattoo and a Salon visit!
- Lose 4 lbs
- Increase weights & do the 5km fun-run!
- Register for a soccer team! (I've been talking about joining an amateur team for ages! This year I must!)
- Press on!!!
I'll re-evaluate my goals in March/April.
Here's to New Years Resolution!!!